Educated to degree or diploma level with 6+ years’ post graduate experience
Applicable knowledge of creative design methodologies and processes.
Must have evidence of strong hospitality/retail design.
Must have evidence of minimum 6+ years relevant experience.
As a creative designer you would have successfully led designs from inception to completion, demonstrating your proven skills at delivering exceptional design, with experience of working independently or as part of a team.
The creative designer will be able to show and provide portfolio evidence of constantly improving the success of projects, development of ideas and their execution backed up with relevant narrative to justify their design. You will be able to show expert concept layout skills as well as creativity and the ability to adhere to SMC brand ideals.
- Ability to create and develop conceptual designs including the skill of using colour and texture
- Advanced skills in VectorWorks, PhotoShop, SketchUp and MS Office
- Knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling)
- Experience in using CAD software fluently, 2D and 3D
- Some knowledge of Studio software would be advantageous
- Self-confident and receptive to constructive feedback
- Ability to manage time, generate/manage schedules, and workflow of projects efficiently
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to understand and generate plans creatively
- Excellent communication skills & ability to present at a high level.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong people skills, detail oriented and able to manage and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proactive when managing internal deadlines and standards of design.
- Visualisation and explanation of concepts to others
- Developing detailed designs and choosing materials
- Delivering design with strong narrative linked to brand ideals
- Working in both 2D and 3D to communicate design intent
- Preparing visual packages for visual artists
- Managing the creative process on assigned spaces through to finished CGI