Competitive midweight salary dependant on experience
We are now recruiting for a Mid-weight FF&E Designer with 3-5 years’ experience to join our team.
We’re looking for someone enthusiastic, with a passion for organization, excellent attention to detail and able to work at a fast pace. Candidate needs to be available to start as soon as possible.
Please send your application to email@example.com, including your salary expectations, cv and portfolio.
Back to Careers
At SMC we work on high-end marine interior design projects, liaising with suppliers and working to a client’s needs and aspirations. Experience in delivering FF&E packages for large-scale commercial projects (e.g., hotels/cruise ships) is essential, as well as impeccable organisational, research and communication skills. Experience or a background in procurement would be a definite bonus.
As an FF&E Designer, they will be working at a Mid-weight level within the FF&E Team, will have 3-5 years of demonstrable FF&E experience, be skilled in the delivery of FF&E packages on projects. Educated to degree or diploma level with 3-5 years’ post-grad experience.
- Ability to create conceptual designs including the skill of using colour and texture
- Some skill in the Adobe Creative Suite and possibly EstiMac or EstiPC
- Excellent knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling)
- At least some experience in using CAD software
- Some knowledge of Studio software would be advantageous
- Self-confident and receptive to constructive feedback
- Ability to manage your own time well
- Demonstrable experience of producing FF&E specifications with costings, materials, finishes, and sanitary schedules
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Working at a Mid-weight level within a project, working to time lines and budgets
- Attend project/client meetings to be briefed on new projects
- Carry out where necessary the procurement of FF&E products
- Mentoring and supporting Junior FF&E Designers
- Attend project meetings and give input on developing concepts, suggesting suitable finishes and fabrics where applicable
- Produce FF&E presentations and packs for client meetings, guided by the Senior FF&E Designer
- Nurture relationships with suppliers and suggest new contacts, keep up to date with new advancements within FF&E